30 November 2017

Seasons Greetings


With Christmas just around the corner I have been making a stack of Christmas cards and today I thought I would share with you one using some of the gorgeous Christmas coloured foils available from your local papercrafting store.

The post I am sharing with you today is using a very simple technique but can be very effective both on your card and scrapbooking creations. 


I have a range of different widths of double sided tape in my stash and used these to make an array of stripes  across a 5"x7" card base.


I just did these messily across my card base and then once complete I trimmed the edges down.  This made is a lot quicker than to do the trimming on each strip down as I went.

Next I chose a gold and a red foil and snipped off a strip of each.  
I removed the paper off one piece of tape at a time prior to placing the foil over the top of the tape and rubbing it with my finger.
The foil adheres to the tape beautifully as in the image below.


Here is a photo of the finished card base.





 Next I cut a piece of vellum and using the Season's Greeting hotfoil stamp with the same gold foil added the sentiment to the bottom portion of the vellum.  
As I was going to layer flowers over the vellum I just used my normal double sided tape to the back of the vellum where the flowers would go to hold it in place.



Taking my 6x6" paper pad I selected one of the papers that had a nice array of poinsettias and fussy cut them out. Next I cut out two sets of the Christmas Branches decorative die from the Let Every Day Be Christmas collection in the Gold with Draft Lines mirror board.



I then layered the flowers and die cuts on top of the vellum using 3d foam dots and tape, added bling to the centre of the two smaller flowers and then added some red berries to the centre of the largest flower.

It is a very simple but very effective end result.  I hope you like it like I do.









PRODUCTS USED

Let Every Day Be Christmas

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas



Thanks once again for stopping by.

Until next time..... happy crafting :)


Anita 
xx


 



No comments:

Post a Comment