15 February 2017

70 | Couture Creations

Well hello everyone, Anita here back on the blog today

Welcome back and HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY 💖

Today I have a 70th birthday card that I made using the soon to be available L'AQUARELLE range.  I really love the script background papers so I just had to use some of them for this card.



For my card base I cut a piece of  Ultimate Crafts Cardstock in SNOW WHITE to 9.75" x 6.5 " scoring at 3.25".  The card front will be smaller at 3.25" and the back a 6.5" square. 
The smaller front card is cut from an 8.5" x 4.25"piece of SNOW WHITE cardstock scored at 4.25".
Next I selected CASCADE cardstock and mats for the patterned paper as follows:
one of 6.25"x6.25" - for inside back of card
two of 3"x 6.25" - for front and inside front of card
one of 4"x4" - front of smaller card
For the inside of the smaller card the VALENTINE shade of red in the Ultimate Crafts Cardstock matched perfectly to the red in the butterflies on the L'Aquarelle patterned papers.  For the mats I cut two 4" x 4" mats, and then one final 3.75" x 3.75" in the SNOW WHITE cardstock for the area to write the sentiment.


 Next I chose several of the patterned papers that had the script background.  I cut each of these 0.25" smaller that each of the coloured cardstock mats.  Adhere all with doubled side tape.



 The next couple of photo will show you how the card starts coming together.



Next I attached the smaller card to the right inside of the main card as in the picture below.



To finish the front of the card I inked up a piece of white seam binding with match blue and red inks and then sprayed it with water so that colours ran into each other.  I then blasted it with my heat gun to dry it quickly.



I gathered the ribbon up and twisted it into a bow and attached it with hot glue to the front of the card. I added a couple of flowers from my stash as I had run out of the Couture Creations bulk flowers and have yet to get some more.

The finishing touch to the card after the '70' was the gorgeous metal butterfly from the  
L'Aquarelle  collection.


I am really happy with the end result and I hope the birthday girl loves it too.

PRODUCTS USED
ULT200007 - Ultimate Craft Cardstock - Snow White
ULT200022 - Ultimate Craft Cardstock - Cascade
ULT200063 - Ultimate Craft Cardstock - Valentine
ULT157765 - L'Aquarelle - Large Butterfly & Dragonfly Charms
ULT157761 - L'Aquarelle - 12" x 12" paper stack
CO721985 - 6mm Double Sided Tape

Thank you for stopping by and checking out my card.  I hope you like it.

If you are free on the weekend of the 4th and 5th of March and in or close to Brisbane why not come and join us at CREATIVE INSPIRATION LIVE.  There are still a few spots free for two days of workshops featuring gorgeous new ranges of products. Click on the picture below to take you to the site to find out all the information you need to join in on a great weekend of crafting.

https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/creative-inspiration-live-2017-by-popular-demand-tickets-29879643819?ref=ecount






No comments:

Post a Comment