18 December 2017

White Wedding | Couture Creations


Welcome back to the blog everyone.
For my layout today I decided to revisit some of the Ultimate Crafts 
older collection of OOH LA LA
I have a lot of dies from this collection in my stash and it is no wonder why, they are all just so so beautiful.
My mum asked me to make a special card for my brothers wedding so this is what I came up with.  I love using white with kraft cardstock and because it was for a wedding added a few hints of gold.




To start using the Snow White Ultimate Crafts cardstock I die cut one each of the Nested Labels and Intrinsic & Ornamental dies.



Next I cut in Kraft cardstock the card base to approximately 6 1/2" x 4 1/2".  From some of the offcuts I cut one of the 3rd smallest of the dies from the Fancy Rectangles nesting die set from Couture Creations.


I then cut each of the three different die cuts in half as below.

I then needed some foliage to add behind the flowers that I had decided to use for the centre of the card.  My favourite die for leaves come from the Magnolia Lane Collection.  It is from the Rose Cutting die set.  I cut four of the branches in the kraft cardstock.

I love feathers and just wanted to incorporate them somehow in this card but the feather die from the Ooh La La collection was just too big.  I found some wood veneer feathers in my stash.  I decided to heat emboss them.  The Couture Creations Glacier White superfine embossing powder is just perfect.  Once I had coated the wood in the white I then added some of the Mirror Gold embossing powder to the ends.




Now all my pieces were ready to go I then constructed the card.  
The larger of the two white dies, I mounted on some chipboard before adhering to the card base.  Next I added the kraft die cut followed by the smaller white die cut, again mounted on a little bit of chipboard offcut.  




Because there was a one inch piece in the centre of the card, to build it up I added a piece of chipboard offcut.  I did place a piece of kraft cardstock over the top of it to blend in better with the rest of the card.  (sorry no photo but you get the idea).



I then embellished the centre of the card with the leaf die cuts, added some sprays of white flowers from my stash along with the white flowers.  I added a couple of the gold bouquets from the 
Be Merry collection.










PRODUCTS USED

Ooh La La Collection


Other Artdeco Products


With Christmas now just one week away I am sending the best of Christmas wishes your way.  I hope you and your loved ones have a wonderful Christmas.  May it be special and you have many wonderful memories that you can 'scrap' in 2018.








No comments:

Post a Comment