29 December 2016

Magical Memories by Anita Enright


Hi Everyone,

And, just like that.... Christmas is now over for another year.  I hope everyone had a wonderful time with family and friends and you have taken some great photos to scrap in 2017.

For my post today I have created a layout using the Wild & Free collection from Couture Creations also using a couple of the gorgeous dies from the Ornamental Affair Collection.

I loved the below photo so I just had to use it in a layout. It was taken on my honeymoon from our trip to Kuranda in Northern Queensland.



I wanted to keep my layout very 'clean' and simple so that all focus was drawn in on to the photo and that gorgeous Galah who was ever so happy to sit on my hand.

I chose to keep the base cardstock white so I chose the Snow White cardstock from Couture Creations.  I teamed the white up with Verde (green) and Fairy Wings (pink) cardstock as well from Couture Creations.
I double matted my photo on the white and green cardstock and added some 3D foam mounting tape to the reverse. Next I selected three patterned paper from the Wild & Free paper collection and layered them on the white base cardstock.
I cut out one of each of the Otis and Juniper doily dies, one in white and one in green cardstock, and one of the Everly Background and two of the Clementine Border in the pink cardstock.
Next cut the Otis and Juniper doilies in half and attach to the back of your mounted photo, then adhered this over the layers of Wild & Free papers.

I chose a border strip from the Ephemera pack, cut it in half and attach it close to the bottom edge of the page, half on each side.  Looking through the sticker sheet available in the Wild & Free collection pack I found the perfect sticker that I could use for my title.  I mounted it on some of the green cardstock and snipped in the sides to look like a double ended banner. Mount this on some 3D foam mounting tape. Next I took one of the Clementine Border dies and cut two small pieces from it and attach to the reverse of the title and then added it to the centre of the emphemera strip that I earlier attached to the bottom of my cardstock base. The other Clementine Border I adhered along the right side of the patterned papers and tucked in the Everly Background die cut to the top right side of the patterned papers.

To finish I added a round sticker with the word 'untamed' on it and attached it slightly over the photo using 3D foam dots to the back to level it out.  I used one of the Cottage Pollen bulk flowers and lightly inked then edges in a matching pink ink and then spritzed it with water so that the ink softened.
This was a nice, quick and easy layout to complete and I am happy with the result.  It will be put in a frame and hung on the wall in my craft room.





Thanks for stopping by today.
With only a couple of days to go I hope you all have a wonderful start to 2017.
Party hard on New Years Eve but party safely.

Ciao for now.
Anita



No comments:

Post a Comment