18 November 2016

Laugh.......


Welcome back Everyone,

I don't know about you but I am f the 'vintage' where there always used to be sayings about colours that should or should not be put together... it might have been at '80's thing.

Well one of those colour combinations was "blue and green should never be seen".... well let me tell you how wrong they were.  I think they look amazing together.


I love how scrapbooking is all about making the photo the hero of the page.  The new Instagram photo size availability when printing our photos is a great change from the generic 4x6" and 5x7" photos that once appeared on our pages.  I like how the square photo give more background to play and embellish :)


I found a piece of patterned paper in my stash that looked like bricks and decided to follow some of the white lines to cut an unusual shape to the paper and then attached it to a piece of white cardstock. I added a few splatters of green and blue ink to match in with the photo and other embellishments.
I plucked out one of the previous 'Just Add Paper' kits Tranquil Pools from my overflowing collection and used a lot of the kit due to how well the colours matched the photo.


 

You have to be oh so quick to snap up one of the monthly kits they definitely don't last long in the store. In saying that there are so many goodies in the store including embellies I've used on my layout -  punchinella, flair buttons, resin flowers, colour journal spots, twine, suede tassels and wood veneers


I used a fine tip glue pen to draw a squiggly line around my page before sticking down the twine.  It was a different alternative to me normally attaching it with a stapler. I coated my 'laugh' wood veneer with blue embossing powder and heat embossed it.
The wood veneer stars I just simply inked with a matching lime green ink. The finishing touch was the lime green Charms Creation felt banner.




I am loving creating for D-lish Scraps.  I get to play with some really bright colours which I really love, and all the embellishments..... perfect!!.
With summer just around the corner and temperatures starting to heat up alot and kids about to start their summer holiday break, it's time to get out the cameras and start snapping photos.  You'll then have plenty on hand when Amanda releases the next Just Add Paper kit.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I off back to my craft desk to play a little more before heading in to work.

Don't forget to drop by the blog everyday to see some new inspiration.

Ciao for now
Anita






No comments:

Post a Comment