19 October 2016

Enjoy Life & the Beauty of Living

Hi Everyone,

Today's post is of my latest blog post for D-lish Scraps. 

For the page that I am sharing with you today I chose a gorgeous photo of my niece Cassie and her beautiful horse Tensile. It is such a wonderful photo with the two of them so in sync with each other.  I wanted to bring out the green from the blanket under the saddle so based the entire layout on the colour.


Being on the Design Team I decided to go through all my goodies and sort them properly since I would need them at my fingertips all the time.  
And after sorting I was quite surprised how much green I actually did have to create this layout. 

Anyway, back to how I created the layout. I love using white as my base cardstock at the moment.  
I find that it really draws the attention in to the photo and also give me opportunity to go crazy with bright colours.
So after grabbing my white cardstock I searched my stash for a print in a matching green and then tore it to be about 5" in size horizontally. I attached it to the white cardstock with double sided tape and then drew in a black pen some 'faux' stitching around the edge.

Next I found another matching pattered paper, the one I chose was chocolate brown with lime green so it matched beautifully.  I used this to make a large mat for the photo, around 1/2" bigger than the photo on each side.
I mounted my photo, on to 3D foam tape and attached a piece of punchinella to the
back of the photo before attaching it to the patterned photo mat.  I then used double sided tape to attach this to the base papers.
Finally I embellished it with lots of goodies from D-lish Scraps
I added some flairs buttons, resin flowers, paper flowers, and  sequin bow.
I also used some wood veneer shapes and word from previous 'Just Add Paper' kits. Whilst these are no longer available there is plenty of other wood veneer goodies in the store. I also used a scattering of lime loose sequins from a previous kit.
Again, check out the store for stranded sequins or grab bags of loose sequins.





D-lish Products Used


Stay Happy and Keep Crafting :)

Anita




No comments:

Post a Comment